Thursday, June 30, 2011

Discovering the Grasslands

I don't know what had happened, but for the following three days, I didn't need any food, water or sleep. It was as though some magical power was giving me the strength to continue through that very strange song. However, at the end of the third day, I was barely able to start a fire before falling to the ground and embracing asleep.

When I awoke, I found I had no idea where I was. I had been sleeping on grass. Just ten feet from the remains of the fire, in the direction whence I had come, began the ocean of snow that I had traversed for what now seemed liked ages. In the opposite direction was grass and trees as far as the eye could see. A stream flowed, unfrozen, no more a half klick away.

I looked at these sights and cried. The strange song finally left my head. I had traveled across the frozen desert and survived.

A.R. Kwell

No comments:

Post a Comment