Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hunting Aftermath

I didn't end up hunting at all last night, as once I finished building my shelter and lay down in the bed of pine needles and leaves I'd made for myself, I realized just how tired I was, and fell right asleep. Today, however, I've been hunting all day. The early hours of the morning were spent making snares and various hunting tools with the materials I could find around me, and the rest of the day was spent laying those snares and hunting game.

A bear lies about two yards away from me as I write, unmoving. A bit to its left is a pile consisting of six rabbits and two raccoons. I may have went a little overkill, but I'd forgotten how much I enjoy hunting. I'm not going to be able to eat all of the meat before it goes bad.

The animals in this place are an enigma, though. I saw many different animals, and many that I had never seen together in the same climate before. What's more, I saw a number of animals that I'm not sure I have even heard of before.

I really have no clue where in the world I am.

A.R. Kwell

No comments:

Post a Comment